Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Different Kind of Pregnancy. A Different Kind of Baby?

I'm only 11 weeks into this pregnancy, but I can say definitively that this one is different. My entire lifestyle has changed since last year, so there are a myriad of factors that could be affecting the way I feel. Plus, I learned enough through trial and error the first time around to avoid some of my sickness-inducing habits. I'm happy for some of the changes, namely that I do not have to praise the porcelain Gods every day. On the other hand, I'm noticing that my motherly instincts towards this baby have changed. All these differences have me wondering... is this baby a boy?

Maybe it's not that easy to tell, but it would be funny if that works out to be the case. My husband noticed it the other night, too. I fumbled through offering him an explanation for my feelings, but I couldn't find the right words. Obviously I'm excited and I love that our family is growing. I may have just been naive the first time around and fallen in love at the sight of two pink lines. It's easy to do that when you're longing for a baby to fill your arms and your heart.

Sometimes it's strange enough to make me think that I'm not even pregnant. After all, I only feel tired- and can't that be attributed to the little one waking up a few times through the night? I think my motherly instinct hasn't fully set in with this one yet because it's working overtime on Hannah. I'm sure that as soon as I start to feel the kicks and flutters of this baby, I'll snap into it. Until then, I may just meander through these early days stunned that it's all happening again so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment