Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Lots of Moms are taking the time right now to reflect on reasons to be Thankful. Of course this makes sense, because a baby and family are wonderful things to inspire delight and gratitude. Being a Mom is the greatest thing I have ever done and I'm so thankful to my husband to be sharing the experience with me and to my daughter for the joy she brings just by being herself. On top of all that, I'm thankful for the other wonderful Moms in the Social Media-sphere that are teaching me, keeping me entertained, and delivering the connection that so many stay-at-homes seek during the naps and in between the peak-a-boos.

A friend once asked if you can just be "whelmed." It would be a state of informational satisfaction- not too much, not too little. That's how I feel these days! I'm whelmed by the lovely day-to-day accounts other Moms share on their blogs. I'm whelmed when I laugh out loud to quips on Twitter to which I relate. I'm overly thankful and whelmed when I take the time to read the fine print in a review or the extra detail on a message board with careful warnings to properly care for Baby's belongings.

To all my new friends in cyber land, "Thanks for being you!" You've given me the courage to write about the excitement of the happiest time in my life. In a way, I get to live through everything twice because I take the extra time to recap it for you. Thanks for reading, thanks for sharing, and thanks for connecting.



No comments:

Post a Comment