Sunday, November 27, 2011

Flat Out Feast

A few weeks ago I signed up to review a book called Real Moms Love to Eat! The author sent me a goodie bag so that I could try some of the treats she mentions in her book. I have rounded out several terrific meals in a pinch with the contents. Most recently, I used the Flat Out! flatbreads to wrap up my Thanksgiving leftovers. This little "feast-to-go" was a flavor explosion!

I layered gravy, turkey, cranberry sauce, lettuce and carrot strips on the wrap and served it with a side of mashed potatoes. Keeping it in a wrap is a nice, filling way to control the portion.

I can't wait to finish the book and tell you all about it. So far the message is simple: Eat what you want and enjoy it! Balance what you love with healthy options and you will love that, too. The point of eating is to nourish your body, so if you don't feel great after a meal maybe you should try something different. Keep an eye on what foods give you the most satisfaction and enjoy them as often as you like!


No comments:

Post a Comment