Thursday, September 22, 2011

EASY Does It

Sorry Zac, I think Hannah has given up on plotting her evil takeover of the world. She's too busy having sweet dreams! It's about 4 weeks since we first started following the daily pattern of Eat, Activity, Sleep, Your Time and I'm ready to make a confident review that it works for us! We started gradually and modified it a bit, but I think we all have the hang of it now. Hannah is really the star of the show because she always knows what's going on. Luckily she keeps the rest of us on track and sets the pace for the day.

I won't say that it's easy to raise an infant, but this is certainly helping. We still have our share of ups and downs (wake UP early; wish I could lay DOWN.) The big difference is that I feel like I'm doing what's right for the whole family now. In the past, I was overwhelmed by trying to keep up with the house and take care of Hannah. I rarely made it past "laundry" on the to do list. It's a great feeling that I can give her all my attention during those joyful moments just after she eats while we play. I relish in the sweetness of putting her to sleep on my shoulder as her hair tickles my face. When she first lays down for her nap, I fold laundry or check my email so I can stay close to her. Then I bask in the freedom of her nice, long naps and race through the rest of my to-dos!

Of course, Hannah is my number one priority. But part of that is making sure she has a great home and family to grow up in. If having a clean house reduces everyone's stress, then that's the first thing I do during "Y Time." Later in the evening Zac and I finally have time to relax together with a nice meal. When Hannah first came home I kept thinking in horror how difficult it would be to go through raising an infant, or worse, suffering morning sickness with another child. Now, I've finally realized how it's done and I can't wait till we get the chance to have a second baby.

1 comment:

  1. LOL.. that might be my favorite picture of Hannah to date! Maybe you will be ready for your second baby by the time I'm ready for my first. ;)

    ReplyDelete